Thursday, April 16, 2009

Okay, so I got a boo-boo today. I was running in Hancock Park (my usual chosen route) and I passed this really nice-looking older man eating an apple and walking a very large puppy. I passed him, with a wave and a smile, rocking out to shuffle mode on my iPod. About half a block later...it happens. (cue: ominous cinematic music). I lose my stepping. And literally, fall on my face...as in, I scraped my chin. And, as the picture suggests, scraped my knee like a second grader. I wish I had a video. It was one of those moments where I got up like, "okay, I got lucky, no one saw." Oh,  but alack and alas. The man I had just passed and his puppy were running up to help me. It was so sweet, and it was one of those very genuine "oh my god, are you ok? what can I do to help?" things rather than an "OH SHEEIT, YOU JUST BUSTED!!! HAHAH" kind of moment. but I just kind of hopped up, waved and smiled again, this time a bit more awkwardly, thanked him for being so nice and ran away. It was one of those moments where I uncontrollably giggled when I tried to replay it in my head. So not only did I bust my ass, err-face, on pavement, but now I am the girl that's running and laughing at the same time...Things that make you humble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment