Monday, July 19, 2010

A lovely day out in Pasadena!




Took a trip to Old Town Pasadena, where adventure and hilarity ensued. Learned how to make soap...yes, really, spent time in a beautiful art and jewelry shop, sampled some delicious cupcakes and happened upon a wonderful art exhibit (unplanned MJ art sightings rock my world!) I met some wonderful arties named Jebtha and Alistair...perfect art guy names, right? They were taking down an exhibit and I poked my head in anyway and they invited me and Lee Anne in and actually unpacked a beautiful $75,000 piece by Monfils who was so moved my the work of Michael Jackson that he put all of his record collection into one piece. Literally, all of his records were carved into six paintings of his face. It was beautiful!! This was all after a random suggestion from the owner of the art and jewelry shop. Random! He didn't even know I was a fan. By the way, Lee Anne bought a WONDERFUL new ring...made from the inside of vintage watches. Amazing!

Lee Anne and I had lunch at delicious Sushi Roku, where we had my favorite dish...YELLOWTAIL CARPACCIO!! It is simply tantalizing. Then came the wonderful cupcakes at Dot's Cupcakes. Let me just say, the mint chocolate is to die for. Chocolate mini-cupcake with mint icing with crunchy chocolate balls on top. Muy delicioso. Then came the Soap Kitchen, an adorable little nook we happened upon where we met the store owner. We were asking her questions about the soap and she offered to take us on back to the kitchen and she showed us how to make soap. All I gotta say is she is getting a good Yelp review from me ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment